Sunday, November 14, 2010

Human Footprint

Sustainability to me is the ability to be able to go on with your daily while living in harmony with the earth. Ways to do this is to conserve water by taking shorter showers,recycling the plastic we use and simply cutting down. Using a site that calculates how much of a certain product you use in a lifetime based on how much you use in a week or maybe in a day. Using this I found out that I will use around:
8,086 eggs in my lifetime
12,129 newspapers in my lifetime
16,172 glasses of milk in my lifetime
I will drive 270,465 miles in my lifetime
4,043 bananas in my lifetime
100 sodas in my lifetime (This is because I do not drink soda that much)
28,301 shower in my lifetime
8,086 potatoes in my lifetime
1,095 slices of bread in my lifetime.
For me something I could do is to cut down on newspaper and instead read the news online. Yet if I do have to buy a newspaper I should remember to recycle the newspaper. This is mainly my human footprint. A human footprint is what we consume and how it makes an impact or imprint on the earth. We have to learn how to make our footprint less "deep" and make it have less of an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment